Stay up-to-date with the latest on what’s happening in Party Town. Look for a new edition of the Waterloo Black Hawks Summer Update every few weeks.
• A Big Draft Day – Jake Ryczek and Ryan Lohin were selected just a few picks apart during the NHL Draft on Saturday. In the seventh round, the Chicago Blackhawks chose Ryczek in the 203rd overall slot. Lohin went to the Tampa Bay Lightning 208th. Both the Blackhawks and Lightning had a former Waterloo skater who appeared on their 2015/16 rosters: Vince Hinostroza and J.T. Brown respectively. Other players with ties to the Black Hawks to be drafted on Saturday included Blake Hillman, Rem Pitlick, and Jeremy Davies.
• Sunny Florida – Two Black Hawks alumni signed NHL contracts with teams from the Sunshine State last week. Ian McCoshen inked an entry-level deal with the Florida Panthers, foregoing his senior season at Boston College. Meanwhile, J.T. Brown resigned with the Tampa Bay Lightning. In other alumni news, Nick Ebert was traded from the L.A. Kings to the Dallas Stars.
• Free Kids Jersey – Thanks to a partnership with Scheels of Cedar Falls, the Black Hawks will be giving away 500 free kids jerseys to young fans during one game in 2016/17. The promotional offering is the first of its kind by the Black Hawks. The specific game date, opponent, and other details will be announced later this summer after the United States Hockey League schedule has been released.
• Sail Over for the Garage Sale – Pick up a great Black Hawks bargain this Wednesday during the Party Town Outfitters Garage Sale. Check out the wide array of clothing, souvenirs, and one-of-a-kind items on sale from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Young Arena.
• 27 Winners, Three to Go – The Black Hawks’ 30 Days of Hockey promotional giveaways are about to conclude. If you have won a prize, please pick it up from the team’s offices at Young Arena. If you don’t know whether you’ve won, check out the winner announcements online at youtube.com/waterlooblackhawks
• Making a Pitch for July 14th – We look forward to seeing you at the Waterloo Bucks game on Thursday, July 14th against the Duluth Huskies. Don’t forget, season ticket holders get a free ticket, but you must RSVP. Make sure you have a ticket; call the Black Hawks at (319) 232-3444.