Stay informed with the latest on what’s happening in Party Town. Look for a new edition of the Waterloo Black Hawks Summer Update every few weeks.
• Chasing the Cup – Former Black Hawk Joe Pavelski and the San Jose Sharks face a pivotal Game Four in the Stanley Cup Finals on Monday night. The Pittsburgh Penguins lead the series 2-1, but the Sharks claimed Game Three, 3-2 in overtime Saturday. Another home win in San Jose would tie the series before Game Five back in Pittsburgh on Thursday.
• Draft Day Approaches – The National Hockey League Draft will be conducted Friday, June 24th and Saturday, June 25th in Buffalo. At least one current, former, or future Waterloo Black Hawk has been selected in each NHL Draft since 2003. Last June, Brock Boeser became the earliest Black Hawk ever selected when the Vancouver Canucks chose him with the 23rd overall pick.
• Everyone Loves a Parade – The Black Hawks will be part of the My Waterloo Days Parade on Friday evening. The team is currently seeking season ticket holders to join us for the event. For details, call the front office at (319) 232-3444. For more on the festival, visit mywaterloodays.org.
• Futures Camp Coming – Registration is underway for the 2016 Waterloo Black Hawks Futures Camps. The expanded schedule will provide more opportunities for more young players to visit Waterloo and see what it takes to make a USHL roster. For specific dates and details, click here.
• 30 Days of Winners – With June underway, the Black Hawks have announced the first four winners during the “30 Days of Hockey.” Congratulations to Sherry Stambaugh, Sandi McGinn, William Shimek, and Kris Shonka. Get the latest winner announcement each day via the team’s social media channels, including YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
• A Walk to Remember – Friday evening, Nick Swaney returned to Waterloo and stepped across the stage with the Waterloo West High School Class of 2016. Congratulations Nick and 2016 graduates everywhere!