Black Hawks Reveal 2016/17 Promotions
A summer phenomenon is coming to Young Arena on October 8th when the Waterloo Black Hawks open their home schedule against the Lincoln Stars.
The first regular season game at Young Arena will be Pokemon Go Night, the Hawks announced while unveiling the full 2016/17 promotional schedule on Thursday. Every 30 minutes starting at 6:05 on opening night, team staff will drop a lure to attract the virtual characters; players capturing the rarest species and sharing them on the Black Hawks’ social media will win prizes. Make the most of the Young Arena concourse too, to get your steps in, but watch for pucks out of play!
For those not interested in Pokemon Go, October 8th is also a college night, with $7 advanced purchase tickets for students with ID ($8 on game day). The first 2,000 fans in attendance will receive a 2016/17 Black Hawks magnetic schedule. And when the players go to the locker room at intermission, the action is just starting; laugh as lucky fans collide with each other and the ice during the first in a series of Knockerball competitions.
Other highlights of the promotional schedule include:
– Pink the Rink, presented by Great Clips and The Breast Care Center on October 22nd. The Black Hawks will wear pink Breast Cancer Awareness jerseys which will be auctioned later, on October 29th, with profits benefitting Beyond Pink TEAM and local cancer patients and survivors.
– Top Gun Night on October 28th. Celebrate the 30th anniversary of Top Gun and the 80th anniversary of aviator sunglasses with a special giveaway.
– The Hawks take the rink wearing jerseys in tribute to Waterloo’s original 1927 American Legion hockey team on Veteran’s Day. Veterans receive free tickets, and a Thanksgiving jersey auction will benefit local veterans.
– Youth Jersey Giveaway, presented by Scheels December 10th. The first 500 kids 12 and under in attendance will receive their very own Waterloo Black Hawks jersey, courtesy of Scheels.
– The Dainty Doggy Dash, presented by Paw Prints Pet Salon and NutriSource on January 21st. Bring your furry companion to the rink to race and to help the Cedar Bend Humane Society.
– Toy Story characters, presented by US Bank February 19th. Plus after the game, skate with the Black Hawks, then meet the team at The Other Place on University Avenue.
Find the Black Hawks’ complete 2016/17 promotional schedule here. Single game tickets for the 2016/17 season are on sale at waterlooblackhawks.com or by calling the Domino’s Black Hawks Box Office at (319) 291-7680.